Just Another.....Knit!

Sunday, January 03, 2010

Annual Review



Not an impressive list, considering I felt like I did knit a lot!



Sweaters

Stornoway - most of the actual knitting was done years ago!

Cherished

Tulip Sweater w/ Matching Hat

Setesdal

Shawls

Wing of the Moth

Ice Fantasia

Irtfa'a

Lacewing

(I love Anne Hanson's designs!)

Dresses for Maggie

Clara

Dale Christmas Dress

Socks

Gregg's Socks

Joan's Socks

Maggie Socks



I have to say...I love my Nook! I have no way of comparing it to the Kindle but....at least I am reading again! My only complaints....the dictonary is terrible (Merriam Webster) and 99% of the words I actually do look up are not in it. And...even though 700,000 books are supposedly available for download....many of the books I want to read are not available as ebooks. Also, the type size is limited to the size of the print in the actual book....so...Time and Chance and The Devil's Brood are both too small for me to comfortably read even with the extra large print size selected. (I am sure a good light would help.) I understand this is not an issue with the Kindle and I have registered this "complaint" with B&N for the next generation Nook. Other than those issues, I love it. lol



Currently reading....The Girl Who Played with Fire....



Loved....The Girl with the Green Tattoo, Child 44 and did finish Her Fearful Symmetry which is more than I can say about The Time Traveler's Wife. Just could not reconcile the time issue.



While I normally do not "do" resolutions, I stopped smoking on January 1. So...my goal for 2010 is not to gain 20 lbs from stopping smoking...and...to avoid a new crutch/addiction to replace the old one. Sigh.....

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 2:59 PM, Blogger Purl Buttons said…

    Impressive. Every bit! The knitting, and everything!. How is the not smoking going? For me it has been 25 years and every now and then I feel like I could really enjoy...NO. I would NOT enjoy an illness.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home