Just Another.....Knit!

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

The Finish Line.....My goal was to finish the scarf by Jackie's next Yarn Tasting Party, scheduled for 5/24.
Louet "Kidlin" is a wonderful yarn with terrific stitch definition....however....my pre-blocking measurement was 11" X 46.5". After blocking, the scarf is a disappointing 15" X 54." The pattern, as written, states 17" X 66". Granted, I did go down in needle size...recommended is size 7...I used 5's....and have a little yarn left over but it would never have been enough using larger needles. It did soften beautifully after a good soaking....and will probably soften with wear due to the linen content....If I were to knit a shawl with this yarn, I would order plenty of extra to make sure I could knit the shawl to the size I want. Most knitters count on lace blocking by an additional one-third. This does not appear to happen with Louet Kidlin.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 1:41 PM, Blogger Jany said…

    I think it is so beautuful......and I didn't understand about how much of a difference blocking makes....does that mean the Farmhouse one I made will grow? I really love the pattern in your shawl, all those points!! That must be why you have to block, right?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home