Just Another.....Knit!

Friday, January 04, 2008

Always a New Beginning.....



200 yards of beautiful fingering weight Louet/Shetland roving....Yet to spin....gray...brown....black. Hope to design my own Shetland-style socks.



New Year's Eve, I cast on the "Three Cornered Shawl." We were all so emotionally and physically exhausted from house hunting....we ate dinner...played one game...and that was that. Pretty funny.

I too have compiled a list of items completed in 2007.

Knitting
1 Sweater
2 Baby Surprise Jackets
7 Pair of Socks
2 Scarves
2 Dog Sweaters
5 Shawls/Stoles
1 Baby Blanket
1 Fingerless Mitts
1 Hat
4 Mini Christmas Ornaments
1 Cell Phone Case

Spinning
12 oz Alpaca/Merino/Silk - Oriental Poppies
1 lb Alpaca/Merino/Silk - Shades of Green
4 oz Merino/Tencel - Moonlight Serenade
12 oz Alpaca/Merino/Silk - Clematis
12 oz Seacoast Merino/Silk - Sea Pinks
4 oz Merino/Tencel - Biscotti
3 oz Merino Pencil Roving

Knitting slowly continues on Cobblestone....still up to sleeve #1....the yarn is just so hard on my hands....

One future project I am considering is "The Great American Aran Afghan." The only drawback....we live in Florida...so far, this winter, we have had 3 chilly days. Just debating if it is a waste to knit....because I can envision Dori enjoying it instead of Joanie and Gregg.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 10:15 AM, Blogger Jany said…

    To the most prolific knitter EVER.... ;)

    That is a very impressive list, and the part that gets me is I'm guessing only 1% was for yourself!

    As for the Afghan, Marie and I saw it at Stitches - it was unbelievably beautiful, HUGE, and heavy as I recall......and a ton of work! I am sure Joanie would flip for it, and if you are thinking about it seriously you should give it to her with a quilt hanging bar and have it be wall art instead of a Dori bed..... maybe it can be hung right under those high windows?????? :)

     
  • At 5:07 AM, Blogger Janette said…

    Yesterday, I ordered the yarn....and the book....it just looks like a fun knit except for the sewing/edging.

     
  • At 8:21 PM, Blogger juli said…

    Happy New Year!
    Wow, you completed so much this past year! I hope I can barely do half or a quarter as much in the upcoming year....

    Oh, and you can always come up to good old PA to make good use out of that afghan ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home