Just Another.....Knit!

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Nuts.....



In 2001, while Bob was spending 99.9% of his time in Gatlinburg, I took up bead weaving. Although I purchased 3 looms, thousands of beads and spent hours beading, I only finished 2 bookmarks and one beaded bag (just need to weave in the ends – where have you heard that before?)

I really love the way beads feel so decided to start a little beaded cell phone case for Joan. Will I finish it? Probably not. Just wanted to fiddle with beads. It isn’t very artsy or creative….but…it’s fun (aside from threading the beading needles which can take up to 20 minutes with my very bad eyes.)

I should be knitting though….or Christmas shopping…or cleaning…that would be nice! And, I haven’t even thought about baking!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:33 AM, Blogger Jany said…

    I think it is beautiful! I also think you are not a primary colors person, maybe that is why you are not thrilled. It has a bold, graphic look, I really like the way it is coming out--what a luxurious item--and they are very hot these days, and so expensive too, and look--you can do it yourself!

    I have trifocals, do you? Do you have a pair of just reading glasses to wear low on your nose? Makes all the difference! But maybe you would feel better about it if you worked on the socks and saved the beading for January... ;)

    (By the way, I can't understand how that loom even works........looks tricky to me!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home