Just Another.....Knit!

Friday, September 01, 2006

Peacock is coming along beautifully and is absolutely gorgeous.......but.......here is an invaluable knitting tip.....When knitting a shawl (404 stitches/row and on row 202 of 224) and you see a huge-ass hole (even though you've been counting stitches between markers every 24-stitch repeat) and are forced to unknit ....use a size 2 Inox circular needle...Unknitting 4 rows took 3 hours which is a whole lot better than starting over for the 4th time. This shawl appears to be jinxed....When I knit this pattern for the first time last March, Sophie jumped in the middle of my lap and all the stitches went flying off the needles. I was up to row 185 of 224. I didn't even attempt to fix it - just ripped it out. When I decided to knit this shawl again, in June, I was making great progress when I noticed an error way down in the shawl. I was up to row 187. An anal perfectionist, I didn't attempt to fix it - I started it over and was moving at a quick pace when I made the abovementioned mistake. The pattern isn't difficult but you do have to concentrate. Apparently, this is a problem for me ; ) I'm thinking a few beers may help relax me while I knit...it certainly can't hurt.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home