Just Another.....Knit!

Monday, July 30, 2007

Pimpin' It Up in New York.....


I had Joanie try on the first fingerless mitt to ensure she actually liked it and would wear them before knitting the second one. I wasn’t sure what, “I’ll be pimpin’ it up in New York,” meant but she clarified that for me. She loves it!

When I finished the top of the mitt, the “jog” of the last cast off stitch was particularly bothersome. (Normally, I just camouflage that last stitch by craftily sewing it through the beginning stitches.) Also, since the pattern instructed me to bind off loosely, I used the suspended bind off technique - too loose. Knowing I had to undo it, I googled “how to neatly bind off” and came across this site: http://www.knittingnelly.com/?p=357. Check it out!!!! A simple technique that works beautifully! No more jog!!!! I tried it on the thumb first and it worked like a charm!

This is why I love knitting – there is always something new to learn or a technique to improve. The internet puts it all at our fingertips.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 5:24 PM, Blogger Jany said…

    I'll bet you anything that the fashionable shopgirls in those fabulous NYC stores will want to know where Joan got the mitts.......really seriously cool...... :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home