Just Another.....Knit!

Sunday, July 15, 2007

The White Moth.....


All the necessary tools are at hand....



Off the needles.....



Close up of the pattern.....



Stretched as far as I could.....

Louet 12/2 Silk Yarn: Lovely
Pattern: Wing of the Moth Shawl - Beautiful
Needle Size: 4 - Oops - Should have Used Size 6
Finished Measurement: 64" X 31" instead of 84" X 42"

The pattern called for 900-1000 yards of fingering weight yarn...I used 940 yards of 12/2 silk...I guess I should have checked the weight before, huh?

I did do a swatch....really! I liked the fabric on size 4...so went with it. It is definitely not as large as I would like...but....the recipient should still be able to wear it...

The pattern is beautiful and I would definitely knit it again....and just happen to have 2 more cones of Louet 12/2 silk....just not right now.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 6:36 PM, Blogger Jany said…

    It is ethereal, so beautiful, so perfect on a gorgeous, tanned blonde........she'll tie it in a knot in front and heads will turn as she flits by......really!

    It looks plenty big enough to me.... ;)

     
  • At 9:20 AM, Blogger Valerie Michelle said…

    it is just gorgeous!! i cant wait till i get home from vacation so i cant start a lace shawl of my own! but definitely fabulous and the more recent blog about silk is so interestting!! now i know how the silk of my shrug came to be!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home