Just Another.....Knit!

Friday, February 08, 2008

Taken By Surprise

Yesterday, I received the most wonderful present for my birthday!

Janice, who learned to knit when Jackie and I started, “Chip ‘n for Dale,” KNIT ME THE MOST GORGEOUS PILLOW! The yarn is heavenly (can’t walk by without caressing it), the embellishments amazing (the rosettes are FABULOUS) and the pillow is further complemented by the most magnificent mother of pearl buttons! The knitting itself is WONDERFUL!



It is the perfect gift from one knitter/friend to another : )



In addition, Janice sent a beautiful lace wood shawl pin from Knitting Notions. I hope to wear it tomorrow to knitting (even if it is 86 degrees and humid!) If I’m having a good picture day, I’ll have Bob snap a photo ; ) What are the odds…..

The funny thing about getting older...when I put my make-up on in the morning, I think I still look pretty good but when I see photos of myself….there is a definite disparity among realities....I'm basically okay with this.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 7:23 PM, Blogger Jany said…

    MWAH! :)

    And by the way, I only ever think of us the way we were that hot day in August 1976 when one moved north and one moved south.....so I have way bigger reality issues than you could ever imagine!

    (LOVE, love that shawl, here's hoping Ms. B&N will have the A/C ramped up so you can wear it in comfort tomorrow........)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home