Just Another.....Knit!

Friday, September 28, 2007

Pizza Time.....

I’ve been experimenting….I’ve made thin crust….thicker crust….cooked the toppings….not cooked the toppings…put a lot of mozzarella….and less mozzarella… pre-baked the dough….and not bothered….

Here is what we like best and which Bobby proclaims, “the best pizza ever!”

I buy my dough at Publix – quick, easy and no complaints ….let it sit out one hour…Using my fists and working around the edge of the dough, in minutes it is circular. I let it rest for about 30 minutes. (While I liked the crispy crust….it hurt my jaw…so….I make a softer, chewier yet gentle crust. If you like a crispy crust, just roll it out and put your toppings on.)

I brush the dough with oil and prick it with a fork as if you were making a pie. I then spoon on some gravy….some mozzarella…the cooked peppers/mushrooms/onions….a little more mozzarella….a little shredded sharp cheddar cheese….and a little more gravy.



Bake in a 350 oven for 30 minutes.....



Ingredients
Gravy
1 medium can Hunts Tomato Sauce
garlic/oil/oregano

Toppings
8 oz Mozzarella diced
1 green pepper diced
1 medium onion diced
1 jar of mushrooms, drained
2 handfuls of Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese

Cream of Wheat for the pizza stone

Knitting continues on Cobblestone....up to sleeve #1.....

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 1:16 PM, Blogger Jany said…

    I can almost smell the aroma.......yum.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home